STAGES OF THE EXAMINATION
The Combined Competitive Examination consists of two successive stages:-
- The Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
- The Main Examination (written & interview)
(I). PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION:
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of objective type multiple choice questions of two hours duration each.
|Paper-I||General studies I||Marks=200||Time=2hrs||Objective type multiple choice question paper|
|Paper-II||General Studies II||Marks=200||Time=2hrs||Do|
- The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices
- OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) answer sheet will be provided for answering questions.
- Candidates will have to use ONLY BLACK/BLUE BALL PEN.
- USE OF ERASER, CHEMICAL, CORRECTION FLUID etc. for correcting options once marked in the OMR answer sheet is prohibited and answer sheets bearing traces of such use shall not be evaluated.
- This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the Candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining the final order of merit.
- There will be negative marking for incorrect answers as detailed below:
- There are four alternatives for the answers to every question. A penalty of one-fourth (.25) of the total marks assigned to that question will be deducted for each wrong answers marked by a candidate.
- If a candidate marks more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happen to be correct and there will be same penalty as above for that question.
- If a question is left blank i.e no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- The General Studies II paper of the Combined Competitive (Prelim) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- The Commission will draw a list of candidates to be qualified for Combined Competitive (Main) Examination based on the criterion of minimum qualifying marks of 33% in General Studies Paper-II of Combined Competitive (Prelim) Examination and total qualifying marks of General Studies paper- I of Combined Competitive (Prelim) Examination as may be determined by the Commission.
- The candidates may refer to the Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination (Amendment) Rules, 2019 for syllabi of General Studies I & General Studies II.
(II). MAIN EXAMINATION:
The Main Examination consists of (A) Written Examination and (B) Interview Test.
(A) WRITTEN EXAMINATION:
- On the results of the Preliminary Examination, the number of candidates to be admitted to the written part of the Main Examination will be 11 to 12 times the number of vacancies notified for each category. The selection will be strictly on the basis of merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per prescribed law in force.
- The questions of the examination will be of conventional type. The written examination will consist of the following papers:
• Qualifying Language Papers: (in the level of Class X)
Paper A (300 marks- 3Hours duration)–
any one of the language from Assamese, Bengali, Bodo. Candidates from DimaHasao, Karbi Anglong and West Karbi Anglong districts who have not studied any of these languages in school shall be exempted from appearing for this Paper A.
Paper B- English (300 marks- 3Hours duration)
- The marks obtained in these two papers shall not be counted for determining the final order of merit.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Paper ‘A’ and Paper ‘B’ will be 25%.
Papers to be counted for order of merit (written Examination)
|Sl. No||Papers||Type of Paper||Marks||Duration in Hours|
|1||Paper 1||Essay||250||3 Hrs|
|2||Paper 2 to 6||General Studies||250 for each paper||3 Hrs for each paper|
|3||Paper 7||Optional Subject, Paper 1||250||3 Hrs|
|4||Paper 8||Optional Subject, Paper 2||250||3 Hrs|
|5||Interview Test (After qualifying in written test)||275|
The list of Optional subjects for the Main Examination:
(The standard and syllabi of the Optional subjects are approximately those of Degree Level Course of the Universities) 1. Agriculture
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science 4. Botany
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Literature of any one of the following languages:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
The candidates may refer to the Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination (Amendment) Rules, 2019 available in the Commission’s website for syllabi of the above mentioned optional subjects.
Interview Test(275 Marks)
- On the results of the written part of the Main Examination the number of candidates to be called for interview will be about thrice the number of vacancies advertised.
- The selection will be strictly on the basis of merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per prescribed law in force.
- The candidates will be interviewed by a board that will have before them a record of his/her career.
- He/She will be asked questions on matters of general interest.
- The objective of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a board of competent and unbiased observers.
- The test is intended to judge the mental caliber of a candidate.
- In broad terms this is really an assessment of not only his intellectual qualities but also social traits and his interest in current affairs.
- Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgment, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
- The technique of the interview is not that of a strict cross-examination but of a natural, though directed and purposive conversation which is intended to reveal the mental qualities of the candidate.
- The interview test is not intended to be a test either of the specialized or general knowledge of the candidates which has been already tested through their written papers.
- Candidates are expected to have taken an intelligent interest not only in their special subjects of academic study but also in the events which are happening around them both within and outside their own State or Country as well as in modern currents of thought and in new discoveries which should rouse the curiosity of well educated youth.
- The interview, however, will not have any qualifying marks.
- The marks scored at the interview will be added to the marks scored in the written Examination (Main) and the ranking of the candidates will be determined on the basis of the total marks obtained.
- The Commission shall recommend exactly the same number of candidates for different posts as notified.
- The candidates will be allotted cadre strictly on the basis of merit cum preferences opted by candidates in their applications for the Main Examination
- The Commission shall not recommend a candidate for a post which he/she has not opted for.
Go Back To SNEA
- SCTIMST Recruitment 2021 For Apprentice, Check Details..!!
- UPUMS Recruitment 2021 For Scientist-B/ Research Assistant/ Lab Technician and Many More, Check all the Details..!!
- Shivaji University Recruitment 2021 for Trainee Library Assistant, Check Now
- BCPL Recruitment 2021 for Trainee Apprenticeship, Check Now
- UKPSC Assistant Professor Recruitment 2021, Apply Now for 455 Vacancies
- IIA Recruitment 2022 for Jr. Technical Assistant, Mechanic and Many More, Check Now
- Alliance Air Aviation Limited Recruitment 2021 For Supervisor Security, Check all the Details..!!
- BEL Recruitment 2021 for Project Engineer I, Check Now..!!
- BRO Recruitment 2021 for Vehicle Mechanic and Many More, Check Now
- Directorate of Transport Goa Recruitment 2021 For Multi Tasking Staff/ Driver/ Lower Division Clerk and More, Check Details..!!
- CCS NIAM Recruitment 2021 For Director and Research Officer, Check Details..!!
- UCIL Recruitment 2021 for Winding Engine Driver, Check Now
- CRID Recruitment 2021 For Drone Pilot, Check Details..!!
- SJVN Recruitment 2021 For Field Engineers, Check Now..
- AIISH Mysore Recruitment 2021 for Dean, Nursing Superintendent and Many more, Check Now
- RPSC Recruitment 2021 for Assistant Statistical Officer, Check Now
- Indian Coast Guard Assistant Commandant Recruitment 2021
- UCIL Recruitment 2021 For Foreman, Check Now…!!
- ARIAS Society Recruitment 2021 for Account Execuitive, App Developer and Many More, Check Now
- RPSC Recruitment 2021 for Assistant Professor, Check Now
- IIITDM Kancheepuram Recruitment 2021 for Office Assistant/ Accountant/ Hostel Caretaker and Diploma Trainee, Check Now…!!
- BECIL Recruitment 2021 for MTS/ Housekeeping Staff/ Mali/ Supervisor and Garbage Collector, Check Now…!!
- FACT Recruitment 2021 for Graduate and Technician Apprentice, Check Details..!!
- HPPSC Recruitment 2021 for Labour Welfare Officer, Check Now
- FACT Recruitment 2021 for post of Trade Apprentices, Check Details..!!
- PSPCL Recruitment 2021 for Lineman Apprenticeship, Check Now
- Kolkata City NUHM Society Recruitment 2021 post of Laboratory Technicians, Check Details..!!
- National Institute of Ayurveda Recruitment 2021 for Panchkarma Vaidya, Jr. Stenographer and Many More, Check Now
- BECIL Recruitment 2021 for Junior Technical Officer and Legal Officer, Check Now
- RRCER Recruitment 2021 under Sports Quota for 21 Vacancies, Check Now
- UCMS Recruitment 2021 for Scientist B/ Research Assistant/ Data Entry Operator and Many More, Check Now…!!
- Kasauli Cantonment Board Recruitment 2021 for Computer Programmer and More, Check Now
- SVPUAT Meerut Recruitment 2021 for Assistant Professors, Check Now
- NBCC India Recruitment 2021 for Project Manager, Management Trainee and More, Check Now
- Bank of Baroda Recruitment 2021 for Relationship Managers, Check Now
- DMHO Anantapur Recruitment 2021 for Lab Technician and More, Check Now
- CMOH Hooghly Recruitment 2021 for Coordinator and Data Entry Officer, Check Now
- DMHO West Godavari Recruitment 2021 for Lab Technician, Pharmacist and Many More, Check Now
- Braithwaite and Company Limited Recruitment 2021 for post of Senior Manager/ Manager/ Engineer and Executive, Check Now…!!
- District and Sessions Judge Fazilka Recruitment 2021 for post of Clerks, Check Now…!!
- HAICL Recruitment 2021 For Post of Manager Marketing/ Manager/ Junior Manager Marketing and More, Check Details..!!
- DRDO CAIR Recruitment 2021 For Post of Graduate and Technician Apprenticeship, Check Details..!!
- IUAC Recruitment 2021 for Research Associate, Check Now
- APPSC Recruitment 2021 for post of Veterinary Officer, Check Now…
- IHBAS Recruitment 2021 for Junior Resident, Check all the Details..!!
- GSPCB Recruitment 2021 for Junior Environmental Engineer, Check Now
- Central Bank of India Specialist Officer Online Application 2021
- BCPL Recruitment 2021 for Operator, Technician and Many More Trainees, Check Now
- DMGMCH Recruitment 2021 for Staff Nurse, Laboratory Technician and More, Check Now
- BECIL Recruitment 2021 for Senior Consultant/ Consultant, Check Now…!!
- AIISH Mysore Recruitment 2021 for Reasearch Officers and JRF, Check Now
- UT Administration of Dadra and Nagar Haveli Recruitment 2021 for post of Assistant Teacher and Upper Primary School Teacher, Check All the Details !!!
- NIWE Recruitment 2021 for Project Assistant and Project Engineer, Check Now…!!
- UPSC Recruitment 2021 for Professor Associate, Assistant Professor and More, Check Now
- Chief Judicial Magistrate Tinsukia Recruitment 2021 for Office Peon /Attached Peon and Night Chowkidar, Check Now…!!
- GPSC Recruitment 2021 for Assistant Professor, Lecturer and More, Check Now
- NABI Recruitment 2021 for Student Internship, Apply Now
- GMRC Recruitment 2021 for AGM, DGM and Many More, Check Now
- Bose Institute Recruitment 2021 for Project Associate /Administrative Assistant /Project Assistant and Master Trainer, Check Now…!!
- CIIL Recruitment 2021 for Resource Persons, Check Now
- BECIL Recruitment 2021 for Senior Programmer, Check Now…!!
- NHM Chandigarh Recruitment 2021 for Various new posts, Check Details..!!
- IIM Jammu Recruitment 2021 for Web Designer/ Accountant/ Junior Engineer (Civil) and Many More, Check Now…!!
- BHU Recruitment 2021 for post of Program Manager /Project Engineer /Project Staff and Research Associate, Check Now…!!
- Mehsana Urban Co-operative Bank Limited Recruitment 2021 for post of Chief Risk Officer /Company Secretary /Credit Manager and Internal Inspection Auditor, Check Now…!!
- NCTE Recruitment 2021 for Academic Consultant, Check Now
- GHB Recruitment 2021 for post of Junior Engineer /Multi Tasking Staff and Lower Division Clerk, Check Now…!!
- NHM UP Recruitment 2021 for 2445 Vacancies of Staff Nurse, Apply Now
- GOA Police Recruitment 2021 for Junior Stenographer, Sweeper and Many More, Check Now
- CEERI Pilani Recruitment 2021 for Project Associate, JRF and More, Check Now
- GMRC Recruitment 2021 for Various Managers, Check Now
- NCERT Recruitment 2021 for post of Assistant Professor /Professional Assistant /Semi Professional Assistant and many more, Check Now…!!
- GOA Police Recruitment 2021 for Police Constable, Pharmacist and Many More, Check Now
- UCIL Recruitment 2021 for post of Asstt. Superintendent (Civil) and Supervisor (Civil), Check Now…!!
- District and Sessions Judge Punjab Recruitment 2021 for post of Stenographer Grade-III, Check Now…!!
- IOCL Recruitment 2021 for Assistant Quality Control Officers, Check Now
- Siliguri Muncipal Corporation Recruitment 2021 for post of Honorary Health Worker, Check Now…!!
- Goa Forest Department Recruitmment 2021 for Junior Stenographer, Clerk and Many More, Check Now
- VECC Recruitment 2021 for Research Associates, Check Now
- IIT Hyderabad Recruitment 2021 for Research Associate/ Research Assistant/ Project Staf and Many More, Check Now…!!
- NIT Meghalaya Recruitment 2021 for Assistant Registrar, SAS Officer and More, Check Now
- BECIL Recruitment 2021 for Various Developers, Check Now
- JMI Recruitment 2021 for Project Coordinator/ Field Assistant/ Verifier and many more, Check Details..!!
- DIC Recruitment 2021 for Project Coordinator, Field Executive and More, Check Now
- CMRL Recruitment 2021 for General Managers and More, Check Now
- Indian Army NCC Special Entry Recruitment 2021: Short Service Commission (NT) for Men and Women
- WCDC Bihar Recruitment 2021 for Counselors, Check Details..!!
- Kurukshetra University Recruitment 2021 for Scientific Officers and Incubation Consultant, Check Now
- Anna University Recruitment 2021 for Project Assistant, Check Now
- SBI Specialist Cadre Officers Recruitment 2021 for Relationship Manager, Investment Officer and Many More, Check Now
- NIELIT Recruitment 2021 for Sr. Resource Person/ Resource Person/ Chief Resource Person and Jr. Resource Person, Check Details..!!
- APSFC Recruitment 2021 for Managers and Deputy Manager and More, Check Now
- Anna University Recruitment 2021 for Senior Software Engineer/ Junior Software Engineer and Internships, Check Details..!!
- MSU Baroda Recruitment 2021 for CEO/ Senior Teaching Associate/ Associates/ UI/UX Designer and peon-cum-sweepe, Check Now..!!
- IISER Pune Recruitment 2021 for Principal Technical Officer/ Senior Teaching Associate/ Teaching Associate and Many More, Check Now..!!
- SVNIRTAR Recruitment 2021 for Cashier, Junior Engineer and Many More, Check Now
- District and Sessions Judge Khammam Recruitment 2021 for Court Assistant and Court Attendant, Check Details..!!
- BECIL Recruitment 2021 for posts of Handyman /Loader /Supervisor /Sr. Supervisor and Data Entry Operator, Check Details..!!!
- HAL Recruitment 2021 for post of Visiting Consultant, Check Now..!!
- District Selection Committee East Jaintia Hills District Khliehriat Recruitment 2021 for post of Grade III/ IV, Check Details..!!