STAGES OF THE EXAMINATION
The Combined Competitive Examination consists of two successive stages:-
- The Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)
- The Main Examination (written & interview)
(I). PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION:
- The Preliminary Examination will consist of two papers of objective type multiple choice questions of two hours duration each.
|Paper-I||General studies I||Marks=200||Time=2hrs||Objective type multiple choice question paper|
|Paper-II||General Studies II||Marks=200||Time=2hrs||Do|
- The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices
- OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) answer sheet will be provided for answering questions.
- Candidates will have to use ONLY BLACK/BLUE BALL PEN.
- USE OF ERASER, CHEMICAL, CORRECTION FLUID etc. for correcting options once marked in the OMR answer sheet is prohibited and answer sheets bearing traces of such use shall not be evaluated.
- This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only.
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the Candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining the final order of merit.
- There will be negative marking for incorrect answers as detailed below:
- There are four alternatives for the answers to every question. A penalty of one-fourth (.25) of the total marks assigned to that question will be deducted for each wrong answers marked by a candidate.
- If a candidate marks more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happen to be correct and there will be same penalty as above for that question.
- If a question is left blank i.e no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- The General Studies II paper of the Combined Competitive (Prelim) Examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
- The Commission will draw a list of candidates to be qualified for Combined Competitive (Main) Examination based on the criterion of minimum qualifying marks of 33% in General Studies Paper-II of Combined Competitive (Prelim) Examination and total qualifying marks of General Studies paper- I of Combined Competitive (Prelim) Examination as may be determined by the Commission.
- The candidates may refer to the Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination (Amendment) Rules, 2019 for syllabi of General Studies I & General Studies II.
(II). MAIN EXAMINATION:
The Main Examination consists of (A) Written Examination and (B) Interview Test.
(A) WRITTEN EXAMINATION:
- On the results of the Preliminary Examination, the number of candidates to be admitted to the written part of the Main Examination will be 11 to 12 times the number of vacancies notified for each category. The selection will be strictly on the basis of merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per prescribed law in force.
- The questions of the examination will be of conventional type. The written examination will consist of the following papers:
• Qualifying Language Papers: (in the level of Class X)
Paper A (300 marks- 3Hours duration)–
any one of the language from Assamese, Bengali, Bodo. Candidates from DimaHasao, Karbi Anglong and West Karbi Anglong districts who have not studied any of these languages in school shall be exempted from appearing for this Paper A.
Paper B- English (300 marks- 3Hours duration)
- The marks obtained in these two papers shall not be counted for determining the final order of merit.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Paper ‘A’ and Paper ‘B’ will be 25%.
Papers to be counted for order of merit (written Examination)
|Sl. No||Papers||Type of Paper||Marks||Duration in Hours|
|1||Paper 1||Essay||250||3 Hrs|
|2||Paper 2 to 6||General Studies||250 for each paper||3 Hrs for each paper|
|3||Paper 7||Optional Subject, Paper 1||250||3 Hrs|
|4||Paper 8||Optional Subject, Paper 2||250||3 Hrs|
|5||Interview Test (After qualifying in written test)||275|
The list of Optional subjects for the Main Examination:
(The standard and syllabi of the Optional subjects are approximately those of Degree Level Course of the Universities) 1. Agriculture
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science 4. Botany
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Literature of any one of the following languages:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
The candidates may refer to the Assam Public Services Combined Competitive Examination (Amendment) Rules, 2019 available in the Commission’s website for syllabi of the above mentioned optional subjects.
Interview Test(275 Marks)
- On the results of the written part of the Main Examination the number of candidates to be called for interview will be about thrice the number of vacancies advertised.
- The selection will be strictly on the basis of merit adhering to the norms of Vertical and Horizontal Reservation as per prescribed law in force.
- The candidates will be interviewed by a board that will have before them a record of his/her career.
- He/She will be asked questions on matters of general interest.
- The objective of the interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidate for a career in public service by a board of competent and unbiased observers.
- The test is intended to judge the mental caliber of a candidate.
- In broad terms this is really an assessment of not only his intellectual qualities but also social traits and his interest in current affairs.
- Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgment, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
- The technique of the interview is not that of a strict cross-examination but of a natural, though directed and purposive conversation which is intended to reveal the mental qualities of the candidate.
- The interview test is not intended to be a test either of the specialized or general knowledge of the candidates which has been already tested through their written papers.
- Candidates are expected to have taken an intelligent interest not only in their special subjects of academic study but also in the events which are happening around them both within and outside their own State or Country as well as in modern currents of thought and in new discoveries which should rouse the curiosity of well educated youth.
- The interview, however, will not have any qualifying marks.
- The marks scored at the interview will be added to the marks scored in the written Examination (Main) and the ranking of the candidates will be determined on the basis of the total marks obtained.
- The Commission shall recommend exactly the same number of candidates for different posts as notified.
- The candidates will be allotted cadre strictly on the basis of merit cum preferences opted by candidates in their applications for the Main Examination
- The Commission shall not recommend a candidate for a post which he/she has not opted for.
Go Back To SNEA
- NBFGR Recruitment 2020 for Vacancies of SRF, Young Professional and Technical Assistant, Check Now
- UPSC Civil Services Recruitment 2020 Civil Services Pre Exam Result Released..
- RML Hospital Recruitment 2020 : Apply for 124 Various Post Vacancies Now!!
- AIIMS Rishikesh Professor Recruitment 2020 : Apply for 24 Post Vacancies Now..!!
- Department of Food And Supplies, West Bengal New Vacancies Released, Apply Now..!!
- Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya Recruitment 2020 Junior Resident, Check all the Details..!!
- SIKKIM University Recruiting for 8 New Vacancies, Check now
- NIRT Recruitment 2020 for Various Vacancies, Check Now..
- YSP University Recruitment 2020 for JRF & Young Professional Vacancies, Check Now..
- YSP University Recruitment 2020 for Various New Vacancies, Check Now..
- Anna University Recruitment 2020 for Assistant Professional, Check Details..
- OPSC Assistant Executive Engineer Online Form 2020 Exam Date Available..
- TANUVAS Released New Vacancies For Various Posts, Check Details Below..
- IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2020 Online Form Application Reopen Apply Now..
- Telangana High Court District Judge Recruitment 2020, Check Now..
- OAVS Principal,PET,PGT,TGT,Computer Teacher Online Form 2020 Apply Now..!!
- Fakir Mohan Medical College Balasore Recruiting for 200+ Vacancies, Check Now
- AIIMS Delhi Recruitment 2020 : Apply for 248 Various Post Vacancies now..!!
- Alliance Air Recruitment 2020 for various Vacancies, Check all the Details..!!
- ECIL Technical Officer, Scientific Assistant and Junior Artisan Recruitment 2020,Check Now..
- RARI, Itanagar Recruitment 2020 SRF, Assiatant, Check All the Details..!!
- WBSHFWS Recruitment 2020 for Senior Lab Technician Vacancies, Check Now..
- CDM & PHO Angul Recruitment: Apply Now For New Vacancies..
- OFDC New Vacancies Released: Check Details to Apply..!!
- OMC LTD Recruitment 2020 for Vacancies of Manager, Check Now..
- CIPET Recruitment 2020 for Vacancies of Instructor and Consultant, Check Now..
- CIPET Recruitment 2020 for Assistant Placement Officer Vacancies,Apply Now..
- THDC India Limited Recruitment 2020 Trade Apprentice, Check all the Details..!!
- CIMFR Dhanbad Recruiting for 18 Vacancies of Scientists, Check Now..
- TNAU Application Form 2020 for Subject Matter Specialist Vacancies, Check Now..
- DRDA Recruitment 2020 District Coordinator/Expert, Check all the Details..!!
- OPSC Geologist,Mining Officer and Various Recruitment 2020 Online Link Available..!!
- SEBI RECRUITMENT 2020 Exam Dates Released..
- Bihar BPSC Auditor Recruitment Online Form 2020 Link Available..
- BPSC Bihar 66th Combined (Preliminary) Competitive Examination 2020 Online Form Last Date Extended..
- West Bengal Police Constable Posts,Know Your Marks..!!
- CCRH Recruitment 2020 SRF, Check all the Details..!!
- Cantonment Board Deolali Recruiting for 6 New Vacancies of Staff Nurse, Check Now..
- SHKM GMC Nalhar Recruitment 2020 for Vacancies of Junior Residents, Check Now..
- HP BOSE HP TET Online Form 2020 Apply Now..!!
- JNU Section Officer, Senior Assistant and Various Post Recruitment 2020,Apply Now..!!
- IRCON International Manager and Assistant Manager Recruitment 2020,Check Now..!!
- Tripura Forest Department Released New Vacancies, Check Details..
- NSIC Recruitment 2020 General Manager, Check all the Details..!!
- RBI EXAMINATION 2020, Change Exam Centre Link Available..
- CUG Recruitment 2020 for Vacancies of Registrar, Finance Officer and Many More,Check Now..
- NHM CHO Maharashtra Recruitment 2020 Marks List Download..
- NEIGRIHMS Recruitment 2020: Apply Now For New Vacancies..!!
- NHPC Recruitment 2020 for Trade Apprentices Vacancies, Check Now
- AP Grama/ Ward Volunteer Online Form 2020 Nellore Apply Now..
- NTA CSIR UGC NET Exam Centre Change 2020..!!
- Indian Air Force AFCAT 2020 Result Out..!!
- CMOH Darjeeling Recruitment For 10+2/Degree/Diploma Posts 2020,Apply Now..!!
- JSACS Recruitment 2020 for Technician Officer and Lab Technician Vacancies, Check Now..
- JSACS Recruitment 2020 for Vacancies of Joint Director, Assistant Director and Many More, Check Now..
- IIIM, Jammu Recruitment 2020 Project Associate, Check all the Details..!!
- Bangalore University Assistant Librarian Recruitment 2020, Check Now
- ICMR-NIRT Recruitment 2020 for Scientist C, Scientist B, & Junior Medical Officer, Apply Now..
- SAI Medicine Doctors Recruitment 2020,Apply Now..!!
- CPCL Trade Apprentice Online Form 2020 Apply Now..!!
- ESIC Model & Super Specialty Hospital Recruitment 2020 Specialist, Senior, Resident,More..Check all the Details..!!
- APPSC Group I Mains Exam 2020 Download Admit Card Directly..
- National Institute of Drama Recruiting for 26 New Vacancies, Check Now..
- ICMR-NIRT Recruitment 2020: Apply Now For New Vacancies..!!
- Northern Coalfields Ltd Apprentice Online Form 2020,Apply Now..
- Uttrakhand UKSSSC LT Grade Assistant Teacher Online Form 2020 Link Available..
- RIMS Imphal Junior Resident Recruitment 2020,Check Details..!!
- RCFL Recruitment 2020:Management Trainee, Assistant Officer and Other Posts Admit Card Download..!!
- UPPSC LT Grade Teacher (Social Science) Result 2020..!!
- CMOH, Nadia Medical Officer, Nurse Staff, Lab Technician Recruitment 2020 : Apply for 97 Post Vacancies Now!!
- REC Transmission Projects Company Ltd. Consultant Recruitment 2020,Apply Now..!!
- IIT Hyderabad Work Inspector Recruitment 2020,Apply Now..!!
- MSME Tool Room,Hyderabad Stipendiary Trainees Recruitment 2020,Apply Now..!!
- Supreme Court Of India Branch Officer & Junior Court Assistant Recruitment 2020,Check Details..
- Karnataka High Court Clerk Recruitment 2020 Check Details..!!
- ICMR-NIE Released Various Posts for Various Projects, Check Details Below..!!
- Assam APSC Combined Competitive Exam Last Date To Pay Fees Online Extended..
- West Bengal 2000 Vacancies for Forest Dept Recruitment 2020 –Bana Sahayak Interview Dates..
- TPSC Personal Assistant Online Form 2020 Last Date To Apply Extended..
- DHFWS Howrah Medical Technologist Recruitment 2020,Check Now..
- WBHRB Recruitment 2020 for Vacancies of Assistant Professor, Check Now
- WBHRB Tutor /Demonstrator Recruitment 2020: 891 Vacancies,Check Details..!!
- WBHRB Professor and Assistant Professor Recruitment 2020 Apply Now..!!
- MDL Driver Recruitment 2020,Check All the Details !!!
- Cochin Shipyard Project Assistant Recruitment 2020 Check Details..
- TNAU Released Various New Vacancies, Check the Details Below..!!
- ESIC Recruiting for 45 New Vacancies for Professor, Assistant Professor and Associate Professor, Check Now
- ESIC Recruitment 2020 New Vacancies for Different Posts, Check Now..
- IISC, Bengaluru Administrative Assistant Recruitment 2020,Check All the Details..!!
- Rajasthan High Court Driver Vacancy CHAUFFEUR/DRIVER Exam Date 2020 Postponed..
- NLC Graduate & Technician Apprentice Online Form 2020 Link Available Apply Now..
- DRDO Research Associate and JRF Recruitment 2020,Check Details..
- JSAC Recruitment 2020 Junior Research Fellow, Senior Research Fellow, Cancelled..!!
- NEET 2020 NTA Result Declared..!!
- Telangana State Society Recruitment 2020 Data Analyst, Outeach Worker, More, Check All the Details..!!
- Chacha Nehru Bal Chikitsalaya Senior Resident Recruitment 2020,Check Details..
- Andaman and Nicobar Administration Recruitment 2020 for Food Safety Officer, Check Now
- MRSAC Nagpur Recruitment 2020 for Various Vacancies, Check Now
- Lakshadweep Administration Recruitment 2020 : Apply For SDPM and BPM Post Now!!
- यूपीएससी भर्ती २०२० : भू वैज्ञानिक पोस्ट के लिए अभी आवेदन करे!!